Thursday, July 2, 2009

Death Of A King

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

It's been days now since Michael Jackson has passed away. The media is at an all high frenzy. This is the same media that wrote horrible stories about him for years. The same media that invaded his personal life. Now it is the same media that is honoring him. We've all read the papers and stories so I won't get into that. What I want to talk about is his music and what he meant to me.
Who in the world does not know who Michael Jackson is? I remember growing up and listen to his music. My vivid memory was hanging out at my cousin Alfred's house and watching the Thriller video over and over on VHS (yeah, VHS!!). It was the Thriller video where they showed the 'making of Thriller'. It was great to see Michael's thought process on how revolutionized the whole music industry. That was the begining of the change of music videos.
Other fond memories I have are just hanging out and playing some good ol Jackson 5 music. 'Who's Loving You' is my all time FAVORITE Jackson 5 song. Just hearing lil Mike wail on the vocals truely showed his compassion for that song. Like Smokey Robinson said on his memorial, how can a little boy of Michael's age know the true feeling of losing somebody. He portrayed that in the song.
Michael is the GREATEST ENTERTAINER THAT LIVED. I do not think there is anybody today that can top that. Maybe in the future there will be. Maybe one day God will bless the world with an entertainer that will affect people's hearts. Until then, thank Michael for the great songs and performances you have shared. Though your life was tarnished for a short amount of time, your generosity and heart felt gratitude speaks higher volumes. You now have your spot light on the big stage in Heaven.


No comments: