Saturday, August 1, 2009

Theraful Thursday, Fishing Friday and Sigalert Saturday

Hello blog followers! I haven't had much time to blog for the past couple of days so I'll put it all in one shot.
I started to get a cold late Wednesday night, come Thursday it was a full blown day of sneezing and coughing. I hate getting sick but it never fails every summer. I guess its a combo of air conditioned office and the hot air outside. Whatever it is its always a drag. Well now that its Saturday I'm feeling a lot better. I still have a slight cough but its going away. That Theraflu stuff really works.
As for Friday, I finally went on a fishing trip. My friend Dan and I took a twilight trip on a boat off Huntington Beach. The bass and baracuda (aka cuda) we biting at first but since there were about 40 anglers and a crap load of boats out, the fish got tired of us. I only caught one bass. The seals and cudas kept on taking my bait so they screwed me up all night. Overall it was a fun trip. One day I'll be able to fish in Hawaiian, Alaskan or Cabo waters. That's when the big fish come in. I guess you can say I got one fish under my belt. Dan caught a couple bass and a cuda. He almost got 2 more barracudas but the bit his line. It was fun and I hope to go again.
So Saturday rolls around. It was my Goddaughters 4th birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies. Man it was a mission just to get out there. The party was out in Arcadia. That alone is a trek from where I live. So we drive out there on the 710 and I didn't know that the freeway has been going through major repairs. It was cut down to 3 lanes for a couple of miles. Every freeway we hit on the way over there was packed. It seemed like a weekday rush hour. Where the hell are all of these people going? Well at least we made it safe and made it home safe too.
So these three days were filled with medication, tissue boxes, live bait, birthday and brake dust. What a combo for one person. No matter what your health is like or no matter what size fish you catch, life will always give you a second chance. Take that cake and enjoy it! Watch the kids grow and think about the many blessings in your life. You never know, you might catch that yellow fin tuna sooner than you think!

G'nite and God bless

Rico

No comments: